$140 per 45-50 minute session
I am an out-of-network provider (that means I’m not paneled with any insurance companies). The session fee is due at the time of service. Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part.
If you decide to file for reimbursement, I can provide you with an electronic receipt (called a “superbill”) that you can use to submit to your insurance company for each session. I recommend using the Better app to file for reimbursement.
You can confirm your own insurance benefits by calling the number on the back of your insurance card. I’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your out-of-network benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits for out-of-network providers?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have or limit the frequency of sessions? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
- Will my counselor be required to provide a diagnosis for my permanent medical health record in order for me to be reimbursed?
- Will synchronous video telehealth sessions (online counseling) be covered the same as in-0ffice sessions? If not, what is the difference in coverage or reimbursement?
If, after learning more about your coverage, you decide you’d prefer to work with an in-network provider (someone who accepts your insurance), you can also ask your insurance the following questions (in addition to the above questions):
- Where can I find a list of in-network providers?
- What are my benefits for in-network providers for mental health care?
- Is my coverage limited to certain diagnoses?
I accept cash, check and all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!